This is a past event. Its details are archived for historical purposes.
The contact information may no longer be valid.
Please visit our current events listings to look for similar events by title, location, or venue.
Genomics technology updates
Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 12:00pm
What's new in genomics technology?
Join us to learn about:
- Genomics Facilty's newest technologies
- Agilent’s NGS offerings, including:
- QC solutions prior to sequencing
- NGS target enrichment
- automation solutions
Part of the meeting will be a Q&A with Agilent and Genomics Facility experts.
Attendees will be chosen at random during the event to receive free nucleic acid QC runs at the Cornell Institute of Biotechnology Genomics Core Facility or an Agilent NGS library prep kit.
Questions? Peter Schweitzer firstname.lastname@example.org
This event will include short presentations and an open discussion on the following topics:
- Updates from the Genomics Core - Dr. Schweitzer will provide a brief overview of the Genomics Core offerings. He will highlight new QC equipment and sequencers
- NGS Target enrichment and Automation solutions - Agilent provides a full suite of hybridization capture-based target enrichment NGS products, including library preparation and target enrichment kits, exomes, catalog and custom probes, software solutions, sample quality control and automation platforms. Recent improvements to our Sureselect design, production and quality control has resulted in performance improvements, deeper and more uniform coverage, fewer dropouts, and a smaller design footprint. We also have new library kits for RNA seq, providing a unified workflow for RNA and DNA (both targeted and WGS/WTS).
- The Importance of QC - The Agilent QC systems offer a wide range of assays, sensitivities, and throughputs. Know the quality of nucleic acid you are working with for confidence in your downstream application.
Peter Schweitzer, Director, Cornell Institute of Biotechnology Genomics Facility
Brigette Kipphut, Field Applications Scientist Genomics, Agilent Technologies
Jim Taub, Biomolecular Analysis Product Specialist, Agilent Technologies