This is a past event. Its details are archived for historical purposes.
The contact information may no longer be valid.
Please visit our current events listings to look for similar events by title, location, or venue.
CANCELLED: Engineering Journal Editors and Reviewers Give Advice
Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 4:00pm
Phillips Hall, 233
Especially for Engineering grad students! Get tips on getting published from a panel discussion with:
- Kirstin Petersen, Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Patrick Reed, Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Darrell Schlom, Professor, Material Sciences and Engineering
- Bill White, Professor, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- What is your process for evaluating a paper?
- How do you start writing a paper? Which section do you start with?
- What are some common author mistakes?
- How do you decide where to send a paper next if you are rejected? What feedback you've received do you use to shape that decision?
- What is your view of the importance of metrics or the impact factor (of journal, authors)?
With light refreshments and networking after the panel. For more information, see https://guides.library.cornell.edu/engrjournaleditors