This is a past event. Its details are archived for historical purposes.
The contact information may no longer be valid.
Please visit our current events listings to look for similar events by title, location, or venue.
Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 1:00pm to 4:00pm
East Hill Plaza, 345 Training Room
How is Cornell University changing business, purchasing, management, and planning systems to ensure long-term sustainability and carbon neutrality, and what is your role in stewarding this transformation? This session, part two of sustainability training, provides a deeper level of insight into climate change, the driving force behind sustainability, Cornell's carbon footprint and sustainability rankings, helping supervisors understand how to use these tools to pinpoint areas within their office or unit for systems sustainability integration and improvement. Users will be introduced to the Quadruple Bottom Line Sustainability Framework and tools for measuring and planning for deep sustainability transformation. This session can be taken alone for users with basic sustainability knowledge, or paired with Sustainability 101 for complete training.
1. Understand climate change, including its cause and impacts and how to share this message with others
2. Understand Cornell’s vision and a manager’s role in sustainability
3. Develop plans for integrating sustainability into their units
4. Understand Cornell's climate action plan
5. Understand and use Cornell's quadruple bottom line sustainability framework for decision making