This is a past event. Its details are archived for historical purposes.
The contact information may no longer be valid.
Please visit our current events listings to look for similar events by title, location, or venue.
Friday, May 10, 2019 at 8:00am to 5:00pm
Cornell AgriTech 150 Collier Drive, Geneva, NY 14456
Do you want to gain a broad understanding of cider & perry and acquire the main skills & knowledge necessary to make quality products? Then this is the class to attend!
Introduction & Class Goals
Chris Gerling, Extension Associate, Cornell University, aims to provide:
• A broad appreciation of the main styles of cider & perry, along with an understanding of the Cider Industry - including its historical development, its current position in the alcoholic drinks market and its future development
• Knowledge & understanding of the main principles & processes of cider and perry production
• Training in the practical skills necessary for the production of quality cider & perry
This four day class involves hands-on practical lab work, lectures, workshops & cider tasting:
• A detailed step-by-step guide to cider & perry production
• An essential grounding in the chemistry & microbiology of cider & perry
• Practical training in the key skills of cider production and in the main methods of laboratory analysis
This class is also designed for individuals who wish to gain a recognized industry qualification - The Foundation Certificate in Cider & Perry Production.