This is a past event. Its details are archived for historical purposes.
The contact information may no longer be valid.
Please visit our current events listings to look for similar events by title, location, or venue.
2020 Hemp Session @ the Empire State Producers Expo
Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 9:00am
Oncenter, Ballroom East
800 S. State St., Syracuse, NY 13202
Session Organized by: Maire Ullrich, CCE Eastern NY Horticulture Program
- 9:00 AM Welcome
- 9:10 AM Update on Permitting in New York - Chris Logue, Director, Division of Plant Industries NYS DAM
- 9:30 AM Production Costs and Budgeting for Hemp - John Hanchar, NWNY Dairy, Livestock, and Field Crops Program Specialist, CCE
- 9:50 AM Considerations in greenhouse production of Hemp: From cuttings to flowers - Neil Mattson, Cornell
- 10:10 AM What's New From Industry
- 10:45 AM Weed Management in Hemp - Lynn Sosnoskie, Cornell
- 11:05 AM Pesticide Applications for Hemp - Jeanine Broughel, Chief, Pesticide Product Registration Section, Bureau of Pesticides Management, NYSDEC
- 11:25 AM Powdery Mildew on Hemp - Chris Smart & Ali Cala, Cornell
- 11:45 AM Crop Insurance Options for Hemp Growers - Jennifer Ifft, Cornell
- 1:30 PM Cornell Hemp Trial Results 2019 -Larry Smart, Cornell
- 2:00 PM Organic Certification for Hemp What does it require to certify? – Lauren Tonti, Certification Co-Director, NOFA-NY Certified Organic
- 2:15 PM End