This is a past event. Its details are archived for historical purposes.
The contact information may no longer be valid.
Please visit our current events listings to look for similar events by title, location, or venue.
16th Annual Real Estate Career Fair 2023
Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 1:00pm
At our 2023 Real Estate Career Fair, you'll meet representatives from many companies working in a variety of industry segments. You can learn about career opportunities, gather industry information, and make networking connections.
The fair will take place in-person, in the Statler Hotel Ballroom on Tuesday, September 19, 2023 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM EST.
Tips for success at the fair:
- Dress in business professional attire
- Bring several copies of your resume printed on resume-quality paper inside a folder or padfolio
- Review the list of companies that are of interest to you, even if they aren't currently recruiting for positions that are of interest to you
- Meet with a career advisor to develop a strategy to make the most of the fair
TIPS TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPRESSION WHILE NETWORKING
- Make eye contact and smile as appropriate
- Use a firm, brief handshake
- Speak at a volume that is appropriate for the setting (if you are asked to repeat yourself, it's a good sign that you may need to speak louder)
- Enthusiasm is wonderful, please speak at an appropriate pace so your conversational partner can better understand your comments
- Highlight your strengths and interests, it isn't necessary to talk about your insecurities regarding academics or work options
- Ask questions of your conversational partner
- Avoid interrupting others and/or monopolizing the conversation
- Keep your comments focused on professional and academic topics, discussing things like parties, drinking, or dating are not appropriate for professional conversations
- Share specific examples, when possible, instead of a general overview
- Be mindful of personal hygiene and make use of breath mints if needed
- Even when in crowded settings, be mindful of personal space and ensure that you have an appropriate distance between your conversational partner and yourself
- Even if you are not sure what you want to study or are pursuing a self-directed concentration, always share a succinct and clear description as to what you are doing and why (uncertainty and self-disparaging comments will negatively impact the impression that you make on others)
- Project confidence through your body language and comments