Friday, December 8, 2017 at 3:30pm to 5:00pm
401 Warren Hall
Friday, December 8th | 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. with reception to follow
401 Warren Hall
With short presentations from a wide-range of our researchers plus introductory remarks by CALS Executive Dean Max Pfeffer and TCI's Director Prabhu Pingali, this is an excellent opportunity to learn about the many exciting happenings at the Tata-Cornell Institute for Agriculture and Nutrition (TCI).
Special remarks from:
Prabhu Pingali, Director of the Tata-Cornell Institute
Max Pfeffer, Executive Dean of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Research presentations by:
- Maureen Valentine, PhD Candidate, Animal Science. Topic: Sustainable Livestock Feeding Systems in the Face of Intensifying Goat Production
- Dr. Anaka Aiyar, Postdoctoral Associate. Topic: Diversity in Development: Interstate Differences in The Indian Growth Story
- Shiuli Vanaja, PhD Candidate, Applied Economics and Management. Topic: Access to Piped Water, Time Savings and Diarrhea Incidence: Results from Field Survey in Jharkhand
- Dr. Mathew Abraham, Research Associate. Topic: Market–Farm Linkages: Producer Organizations and Private Value Chains in Pulses
- Payal Seth, PhD Candidate, Applied Economics and Management. Topic: Igniting Change in Sanitation Behavior through Community-Led Total Sanitation
- Dr. Andaleeb Rahman, Postdoctoral Associate. Topic: The Bumpy Road from Food to Nutrition Security – Slow Evolution of India’s Food Policy
TCI is a long-term research initiative focused on solving problems of poverty, malnutrition, and rural development in India. For more information about the Tata-Cornell Institute, please visit tci.cornell.edu.