Industrial Hemp Field Day
Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 10:00am
NYSIP Foundation Seed Barn
791 Dryden Rd., Rt. 366 Ithaca, NY
In addition to viewing trials featuring 17 grain, fiber and dual-purpose industrial hemp varieties, the program will include experts from Cornell and the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets discussing:
- How did Cornell become involved in hemp research and extension?
- What are Cornell’s plans for future research and extension activities?
- What has been learned so far from the 2017 hemp variety trials?
- What problems do we see so far with diseases and insects, and what are the potential problems to watch for?
- Hemp seed quality and seed technology.
- What will be the approval process for growers to produce hemp next year? And what are the potential markets for hemp in New York State?
View flyer for more program details.
Please RSVP online.
A similar program is tentatively planned for August 15 at the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, Geneva, N.Y. Details coming soon.