Monday, December 2, 2019 at 8:00am to 5:00pm
Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 8:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 8:00am to 5:00pm
Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 8:00am to 5:00pm
Friday, December 6, 2019 at 8:00am to 5:00pm
Cornell AgriTech 150 Collier Drive Geneva, NY 14456
Do you want to gain a broad understanding of Cider & Perry and acquire the main skills & knowledge necessary to make quality products? Then this is the class to attend!
Introduction & Class Goals
Chris Gerling, Extension Associate, Cornell University, aims to provide:
• A broad appreciation of the main styles of Cider & Perry, along with an understanding of the Cider Industry - including its historical development, its current position in the alcoholic drinks market and its future development
• Knowledge & understanding of the main principles & processes of Cider and Perry production
• Training in the practical skills necessary for the production of quality Cider & Perry
This four day class involves hands-on practical lab work, lectures, workshops & cider tasting:
• A detailed step-by-step guide to Cider & Perry production
• An essential grounding in the chemistry & microbiology of Cider & Perry
• Practical training in the key skills of cider production and in the main methods of laboratory analysis
Certification - Day Five
This class is also designed for individuals who wish to gain a recognized industry qualification - The Foundation Certificate in Cider & Perry Production.
For this certification, the candidate must successfully complete the following:
The 90 minute examination will be offered on the day following the completion of the class. A portfolio of tasting notes will be developed during the sensory analysis sessions run during the class itself.
Registration fee includes detailed reference manual & workshop notes, documented instructions for laboratory analysis, lunch and beverages. Full payment due at time of registration. Sorry, we are unable to hold spots for payment at a later date. Class strictly limited to 25 attendees.