Accurate Labeling to Reduce Recall Risk
Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 8:00am
Stocking Hall, Conference Room 148
Accurate labeling and management is a key component of a successful food safety program. Failure to accurately follow Federal food labeling regulations can result in negative consequences such as product recalls, product detention, costly product reformulations and artwork updates, etc.
This workshop is designed to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to reduce the risk of product recalls and negative implications due to mislabeling.
- Examine how to reduce the risk of a food recall due to mislabeling and undeclared allergens
- Gain the knowledge and tools to identify and avoid potential mislabeling risks and issues (i.e. lawsuits, product detention & seizure, competitor callouts, damage to brand image, costly product reformulations and packaging reworks, etc.)
- Understand the FDA, USDA and regulatory requirements concerning food labeling
- Learn effective methods for R&D, product development, supplier approval, label control, formulation, and sanitation to ensure accurate labeling
- Address food safety and quality implications and their effect upon finished product specifications