“Microbiomes inside of microbes: Exploring a symbiosis between fungi and facultative endohyphal bacteria” - David Baltrus
Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 12:20pm
Plant Science Building, 404
Assistant Professor - The School of Plant Sciences - University of Arizona
- Postdoc UNC Chapel Hill 2006-2010 Advisor: Jeff Dangl
- PhD University of Oregon 2001-2006 Advisors: Karen Guillemin and Patrick Phillips
- BA University of Delaware 1997-2001
- Microbial Evolution: How do bacterial pathogens adapt and thrive in multiple environments?
- Microbial Genomics: How and why do bacterial genomes change over time?
- Microbial Genetics: What happens if we break this gene?
- Baltrus, DA. 2013 "Exploring the costs of horizontal gene transfer" Trends Ecol Evol 28(8): 489-95
- Baltrus DA, Nishimura MT, Dougherty KM, Biswas S, Mukhtar MS, Vicente J, Holub EB, Dangl JL. 2012 "The molecular basis of host specialization in bean pathovars of Pseudomonas syringae" Mol Plant Micro Interact 25(7): 877-88
- Baltrus DA, Nishimura TM, Reinhardt JA, Romanchuk A, Chang JH, Mukhtar MS, Cherkis K, Roach J, Grant SR, Jones CD, Dangl JL “Dynamic evolution of pathogenicity revealed by sequencing and comparative genomics of 19 Pseudomonas syringae isolates” PLoS Pathogens 7(7):e1002132
- Reinhardt JR, Baltrus DA (co-first author), Nishimura MT, Jeck WR, Jones CD, Dangl JL 2009 “De novo assembly using low coverage short read sequence data from the rice pathogen Pseudomonas syringae pv. oryzae” Genome Research 19(2):294-305
- Baltrus DA, Blaser M, Guillemin K. 2009 “Helicobacter pylori Genome Plasticity” Genome Dynamics 6:75-90 Invited review for the book series
- Baltrus DA, Amieva MR, Covacci A, Lowe TM, Merrell DS, Ottemann KM, Stein M, Salama NR, Guillemin K 2009 “The complete genome sequence of Helicobacter pylori strain G27” Journal of Bacteriology 191(1):447-48
- Baltrus DA, Guillemin K. 2005 “Multiple phases of competence during the Helicobacter pylori growth cycle” FEMS Microbiology Letters 255:148-155
- PLP 428/528 Lecture and Laboratory
Areas of Research
- Genomics, Bioinformatics, and Systems Biology
- Plant Protection and Pathology