This is a past event. Its details are archived for historical purposes.
The contact information may no longer be valid.
Please visit our current events listings to look for similar events by title, location, or venue.
2018 Small Grains Management Field Day
Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 9:30am
Musgrave Research Farm (CUAES)
1256 Poplar Ridge Road Aurora, NY
Save the date! Annual field day held at Musgrave Research Farm in Aurora, NY.
- 2018 Crop development and management overview, winter wheat in transition to organic crop rotations Bill Cox
- New herbicide options Mike Stanyard
- Integrated disease management in wheat, oat, and malting barley Gary Bergstrom, [view variety x fungicide plots of winter wheat, winter malting barley, and spring malting barley]
- Small grain breeding, varieties, and availability of seed, David Benscher, Phil Atkins
- Progress on malting barley in New York, various speakers, [grain quality surveys, updated recommendations, fertility management, postharvest handling and storage]
- Perennial rye for New York, Matt Ryan
- Small grains crop insurance options, Daniel Welch
- Updates and comments from attendees [incl. market conditions, new products and services]
Skip the registration line by PRE-REGISTERING!
CCA credits will be requested.